Monday, November 10, 2014

Public service announcement



Ladies and Gentlemen this is a public service announcement to inform you that you need to wear a slip. Every spring I want to poke out my eyeballs because I see people either picking their skirt out of their arse or I can see their arse.

My friend Kristen texted me this morning and said "I've seen three women this morning where I can completely see their underwear through the skirt/dress they are wearing. I don't think any of them know or are doing it intentionally". If you are trying to be all Madonna in the 1980's with her bra peeking out of her shirt or Carrie from Sex in the City then go for it, but do it deliberately. 

If you simply don't realize that when the sun shines through everyone can see your underwear- then wear a slip. 

It gets hot during the summer and sometimes when you sit down your skirt sticks to your bum, or god forbid, up in your bum. I've had this conversation with many people and believe me they are kind of grossed out by ladies plucking their skirt away from their body or picking their skirt out of body parts. Also, jersey dresses are clingy and kind of sheer. Pulling your skirt out of your arse is just gross. 

Get a slip. 

1- Full Red Slip |  2-Ecru Half Slip | 3- Lot of Vintage Slips | 4-Black Half Slip  | 5-Floral Half Slip
Search Etsy for a slip and there are hundreds. I highly recommend having a cream half slip and a black half slip on hand. I think every girl should have at least one va va voom slip in her arsenal. You can find slips that range in price from $5-$40 online. At the thrift store you can usually pick up a vintage slip for $1-$5. Also, slips come in a wide range of sizes. It is actually relatively easy to find a slip in a plus size.

This may be the only time you hear me say this- if your slip is too long just cut it. The edge won't fray and it will suit your needs. I prefer vintage slips because they work better then the slips sold in stores today.

Go enjoy your summer-but wear a slip!

Originally published 6/4/14

No comments:

Post a Comment