Monday, November 10, 2014

Awesome stuff

Meandering Design made and available in the shop

There have been so many things happening lately where I am grateful that I pushed aside my apprehension and just said yes. 

1) Camp Mighty- When I saw registration was open I really wanted to go, but then I thought I wasn't anyone of importance so why should I go. Then I knocked myself upside the head and recognized that a) I do add value to the conversation and b) I really needed to go to meet new people and learn new things. I do need your help though because part of the Camp Mighty goal is to raise $20,000 for Charity:WaterHere is how you can help and you can get a sewing lesson in the process. 

2) I will be at the Handmade Market on October 12th from noon- 5PM. What is fabulous about this market, besides the awesome vendors, is that it is right next door to Bite Cafe and you can sip on an Old Style while you browse. 

3) I will be teaching Interior Design 101: Finding and Implementing Your Interior Design Style again on October 24th from 6:30-8:30PM. The class is BYOB and will be taught at my place which is at Foster and Balmoral. Registration is open. At the end of class you will receive a list of my favorite handmade, local and diy resources.


4) Krusheska will be in town visiting from Vancouver. While she is here we will be hosting "An Evening of International Delight" which is fashioned after the tradition of European salons where people would gather to be entertained and have witty repartee. Come join us for an evening of Moorish cuisine and international tales designed to inspire and inform.  Sign up is here

5) I've had two amazing interviews recently with two incredibly awesome women. 

The first was with Melanie Kahl who heads up the League of Awesome Possibilities which is working to invigorate the Lawrence corridor in Ravenswood. I talk a bit about how fabulous the neighborhood is and what awesome possibilities are in Meandering Designs future. 




The second interview was with Christine Mortensen, owner of Sprk'd which does Online Marketing and Design. She is starting a series called Sprk'd Sessions to talk to different owners of start ups and see how they got their start and what lessons they have learned. You can see the inaugural interview, and my very first video chat, here

The song "There'll Be Some Changes Made" popped into my head, especially the lyrics "There's a change in the weather/There's a change in the sea/So from now on there'll be in change in me/My walk will be different, my talk and my name/Nothin' about me is going to be the same." Yup!

KMC

Originally published 10/2/13

No comments:

Post a Comment