Monday, November 10, 2014

Community

'An Evening of International Delight'

I have been collecting and saving up serving dishes, wine glasses and place settings for years. I finally put them all to use on Saturday night when we hosted 'An Evening of International Delight'.

Krusheska, the other half of Meandering Design, is in town visiting and we were so lucky to have her cook for the event. Our inspiration was drawn from Moorish cuisine because Krusheska spent some time in Spain and I spent time in the Middle East. Let's just say everything was delicious and I am so happy to be eating leftovers.

I think the evening is summed up best by Krusheska's comment- "Good times cooking for people, sharing stories and learning about myself...the community of 'me' flowing and mixing with the community of 'us'. Times for learning and times for growing..."

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words-









We are already planning the next event. Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when registration opens.

Originally published  11/6/13

No comments:

Post a Comment