Monday, November 10, 2014

Color Inspiration

As far as I am concerned grey is a color. Yup, it is not a neutral it is a stand alone color. It is also the color I am most drawn to, so imagine my surprise when I saw this pattern by Brazilian artist Nathalia Machado on Pattern Observer and I fell for it- hard. 

Visually it is very striking and I love the flowers but what really takes this pattern to the next level is the color. It's a gorgeous mix of pink, orange, blue and a light shade of purple (it's almost a grey!) 

I decided to pull those colors out and create a color pallette. If I were using these colors I would sprinkle them throughout the whole house. I'd also probably use the lighter shades as the primary color and then add the bright colors in through pillows, curtains and accessories. But, that's just me. I know that some rooms would look fabulous with that turquoise or bright pink on the walls. 


Let's see those colors in action in some gorgeous rooms-
Image via sfgirlbybay

Beautiful shades of blue and a spot of orange via sfgirlbybay

An amazing wall of turquoise with pastel accents via The Design Files

Here's another great example of a neutral backdrop with pops of color via Apartment Therapy

This Parisian flat brings in a hint of the tropics via 2 modern blog

I'm thinking curtains, pillows or even wallpaper in that pattern would look great in any of these rooms.
How would you go about adding bright colors to your space? 

Originally published 7/23/14

No comments:

Post a Comment