Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fall Fashion for the curvy girls



Last week's post had some great Fall fashion inspiration, but I realized that just because you've got some curves going on doesn't mean that you can't rock vintage clothes. There are clothes available in larger sizes- sometimes you just need to do a little more digging. Actually, I would prefer if you didn't get that green velvet dress because I am coveting it! 

With that said there are some fabulous shops on Etsy that are selling gorgeous clothes.

Here's a little sampling:
Sometimes tan can be tricky, but this little number has a lovely peach undertone to it, which won't wash you out. I'd suggest adding a bit of color either with a scarf or the wine red tights from Sock Dreams. 


I love vintage secretary dresses. They make me feel so very efficient. This dress would pair well with the sweater below. I think it should be just draped over the shoulders. 


This mini skirt is super cute. Don't be afraid to show some leg! Since we are heading into fall I'd pair it with rust colored tights and some boots. 

This short dress from the 80's is gorgeous. With a pair of colorful leggings it would transition perfectly into fall. I'd go with peacock or even mint leggings to jazz up the black and white. This would look good over skinny jeans with some booties too. 

I tend to wear dresses and skirts, but I have noticed while trolling vintage fashion that it is a little more difficult to find pants. 

I noticed that most of the items I posted are kind of neutral, but there are tons of colorful options out there. My days of wearing all black are over, well, most days.

Originally published 10/1/14

No comments:

Post a Comment