Monday, November 10, 2014

Scheduled programming- or not

Sketching out ideas

Today, according to Meandering Design's blog calendar, there should be a video post of my interview with Lydia from Letterpress by Lydia. I had so much fun doing this interview and it is a fabulous interview. There is a but-but this is my first time editing video and sound. I was 2/3rds of the way done on Sunday and I was about to take a break to go with a friend to the Fabric Warehouse in Pilsen when iMovie quit. It quit and it obliterated the six hours of work I had done.

I will admit that I had a mini-meltdown. Ok, maybe more then a mini-meltdown. The same week that I was trying to learn how to edit video I decided to learn wordpress and build a new website. Maybe not the smartest way to go especially when you are a control freak perfectionist.

I called a friend and she made me write down the top three things I needed to get done. I may also restructure the video interviews into podcasts with a short video of the maker creating their wares. That seems much more manageable. I talked to another friend and he limited me to doing only two projects this week. He said something about focus...

Then today I got my daily email from the Universe that said-

Kandy, if you have to ask for "signs," let this need of yours be a "sign" that you should make haste very s-l-o-w-l-y.

Tallyho,
    The Universe

Originally published 3/17/14

No comments:

Post a Comment