Monday, November 10, 2014

Not so sparkly

Glass beads made by Leslie Speicher at Chicago Glass Collective. Photo credit Kandy M. Christensen
I love this space here on the blog. I love having a place to share all the things I encounter in my life and all of the fabulous places to explore. It is an extraordinary outlet for my creativity. Yet, sometimes, it is hard for me to keep up with it. I have a full time job, I run Meandering Design, teach classes and make things. Part of running a business is also being an active member of the Chicago community and going to events. 
Usually, I don't mind the juggling act and I thrive on making, doing, exploring and writing, but the last couple of weeks have been challenging. Today I was going to put up a post that was pretty and stylish and it just didn't fit my mood. Looking through photos the picture above feels right for today. It shows the process behind the beautiful things. Leslie at Chicago Glass Collective makes stunning glass beads, but while she is making them there is fire and grit and then, after they cool, these amazing miniature wearable works of art. 
I've had a couple of personal challenges lately that have caused me some anxiety and also triggered a wave of grief over my Poppy's death. It is what it is and I am so grateful for all the love and support that has come my way.
I felt it would be a disservice to post something shiny and pretty, when today, that's not where I am at. I do have sparkly amazing things happening in my life and I love sharing that with you, but I also think it is important to keep it real here.
I'm hoping to sprinkle some glitter on my corner of the world next week though! 


Originally published 4/25/14 

No comments:

Post a Comment