Monday, October 8, 2012

My first fest

I spent a weekend at Helium Gallery with a group of amazing artisans. It was my first time having a booth and I had a blast thanks to the fabulous people who were selling at Helium.  Thanks also to everyone who came out. It was a delight to look up and see my friends standing at my table.

The booth before....
What truly made the weekend amazing, besides the fact that I survived my first art event, were the talented people I was surrounded by. I was right next door to Laila from Stylish Girl, who I bought a very disco queen pair of earrings from, and Margie from Red-Belly, (she makes some beautiful jewelry using upcycled wood and also great belts and gifts for the men in your life) who provided me with some useful tips and redecorated my booth,  Kate from Strong Wear (fabulous winter hats with beautiful trim) was so kind and brought me some 1970's plaid fabric (seriously-plaid fabric!!!), and Mike from versed apparel (witty tshirts from the self-proclaimed Poet, Designer, Owner) was kind enough to take some photos of my booth for me.


I had a moment where I realized that I was sharing space with some of my favorite indie vendors and I'll admit I got a little emotional. To take Meandering Design from some flight of fancy out into the public arena was a big step and one I am very glad to have taken.


The booth after Margie reworked it and made it possible to tell I was in fact selling skirts. Photo credit Mike Ruzicka.
Please visit the vendors below because they have beautiful, fabulous, unique and sometimes eccentric products that will make wonderful gifts for the special people in your life, or simply for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment