Monday, October 29, 2012

Changing perspective

I was listening to a Ted talk given by Phillippe Petit and I was inspired by something he said, "Faith is what Replaces Doubt". Now, Phillippe Petit must have a whole heck of a lot of faith because he is the gentlemen who has done amazing feats on the highwire, including a high wire walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York. 

I believe his statement resonated with me because it acknowledges that we do have doubts. It is what we choose to do with those doubts that make us choose a life of status quo or to live a life full of passion, or joie de vivre. I am going to work on replacing my doubt with faith.

I figured this photo was appropriate for such a quote because it was taken at my friend Pat's church, Christ Church Lutheran in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She took me there at a time when I was in need of fellowship and faith. She also took me there because it is a Saarinen designed building that has been beautifully preserved, including a room full of mid-century modern furniture. I was like a kid in a candy store. 

This photo was taken using my vintage Ilford camera (that I found on Portobello Road in London) and Ilford film. KMC







1 comment: