Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Art for Change

My grandmother gave me a bag of clothing from the late 60's early 70's and there were some fabulous things in there. Some of them were so fabulous that I had to, um, tone down their fabulousness. Today I cut up a pair of brown plaid polyester/wool flared pants and I made it into a nice long scarf. I lined it with some Indian sari fabric that I found in Doha. All I have to say is somebody better buy this scarf on Sunday because if they don't it's mine. I took this picture at night and it does not do the scarf justice. Oh, did I mention there are elephants on the sari fabric. 





Meandering Design will be at Art for Change this Sunday, November 4th in Logan Square. Come out and support local artisans. A portion of the proceeds will go to support Crossroads Fund. 




No comments:

Post a Comment