Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Capturing something elusive

I have been blessed to be working with some seriously amazing and creative people. People who translated my vision into reality. Kristin Nilsson of Creative Nilsson Design came highly recommended by a friend. I met her for coffee one afternoon and attempted to describe what I was trying to do with Meandering Design (at that point I did not have a very solid idea of what my vision was!). I gave her a very vague idea of what I was looking for in my logo (I think I was more clear about what I did not want, then in expressing what I wanted.) I sent her the photos below to give a gist of the mood I was trying to evoke and colors I wanted. 








She translated my vision into a reality I could not have even imagined and this is the brilliant logo she designed-

I love that it evokes a needle and thread, but that it is not overt. My hope is that Meandering Design will one day be more then just my hand-sewn goods and this logo gives me room to grow. 

Here is my Etsy banner, which just makes me squee with delight-



Take a look at Meandering Design on Facebook because Kristin designed the cover page image and you will see more of what she has done. The logo and everything else she has created make it all seem much more real. I am really doing it. Now I better go get some sewing done!

Thank you Kristin!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment