Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Definition of Yes

My friend Christina, who lives her life with the attitude that the glass is not only half full- it is full to the top, started saying yes, only when her gut response was 'Hell Yes'. Which, as far as I am concerned is the proper response to create a life worth living.

Christina's 'Hell Yes' approach to life, and a little bit of serendipity, means she is currently traveling throughout Australia meeting new people, learning new life skills, and having the time of her life. Her post "Never Settle for a life of Mediocracy" is definitely worth a read, especially if you are looking to shake things up a bit in your own life.

I also love that Christina met Diana at a Crave event, which I blogged about, and they both have the spirit to fully embrace life and their epic adventure.

Christina speaking at the Crave event. Photo credit Amy Boyle Photography
Christina sharing her story at the Crave event. Photo Credit amy boyle photography


I will admit that for a moment I thought about not posting this because 'Hell' is not a pretty word, but, you know, life is not pretty and sometimes my language is not pretty either. I can say that checking in with myself and gauging my response means that I am saying yes only to events, meetings, or dates with friends and acquaintances, that propel me forward spiritually, emotionally and physically.

I also need to give credit where credit is due. First to the lovely Christina who brought puppies and unicorns into my life. When she left for Australia she took a bit of sunshine with her. Second my advice was based on something I had read. I am guessing that the incomparable Saya Hillman of Mac 'n Cheese Productions had posted it on her Facebook page. Even if she didn't, her belief in helping others live a Life of Yes! deserves a shout out.Third- Oh and Diana rocks!

KMC

No comments:

Post a Comment