Friday, December 7, 2012

What I really want for Christmas

It is our first Christmas without Poppy and it is hard to get into the spirit of thing. I was looking through photos and I stumbled over this one. Grammie and Poppy would put up a tree and decorate the house. My cousins and I would always fight to see who would put the angel on top of the tree.

This photo was on a roll that was in my Grandfather's camera. He had mentioned years ago that the camera was giving him trouble. I took the camera into Central Camera on Wabash (love this place) and a very kind older gentleman spent a good half hour with me getting the film out. When I got it developed I found shots from Christmas in 2003 or so (I could tell by my hair cut and the boyfriend in the picture!).

Tonight I am going to go home, turn on the Christmas carols and put up my Christmas tree. Maybe I'll crack open a beer in memory of Poppy.


No comments:

Post a Comment