Wednesday, December 26, 2012

An Ode...

A little something pretty, just because. Photo credit Kandy M. Christensen
I mentioned awhile back that I've become a glass half-full type of girl and that in part is thanks to Janice. I was at a Crave event last June and Janice introduced herself as someone who helps people through periods of loss and transition. That, my friends, was where I was at. I was stuck in grief and could not find a path out. I met with Janice, who is a life coach, and that apparently was what I needed to become unstuck. I worked with Janice for three months and by the end of our sessions I figured out my true purpose in life, which is to be an artisan and to teach others about craft, artisans and the history of handmade. I also learned that I love to make the world a beautiful place, that I'm intelligent, I'm an individualist, I like to research things before I act, I tend to get stuck in the past, I rely heavily on my feelings or gut, I am artistic, and sometimes prone to depression. Some of you who are reading and know me well may be saying, duh, we knew that, but while I may have seen those traits within myself, it took working with Janice to really own them. There was a significant shift within myself and how I view the world. Also, from those sessions Meandering Design started to become so much more then just an online shop and I'm excited to see the path it takes.  

A side effect of determining what is my path in life is I want to help others find their path. Now when I meet people I want to talk to them about their passion, or help them find their passion. I have met some wonderful people with amazing ideas, talents and skills and they are, sadly, not sharing their gifts with the world. I now find myself encouraging people, connecting them to others who can possibly help them, or providing any advice that may be useful.

What passion or dream are you hiding? 




No comments:

Post a Comment