Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A flash of red

A couple of people have told me that they have lost interest in Mad Men because they did not like Don Draper (I dated someone much too like him in college!). I have been watching the television with my eyes glued on the fashion and the colors. It is fascinating to watch the shift into the more free form of the 1960's. I also love seeing the color combinations.

Anyways, there is a scene with Peggy, her boyfriend, and two of the men from the office and while she is sitting it looks like she is wearing a simple grey dress, but then she stands up and on the side there is this bright flash of red. It was just gorgeous.

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/05/mad-style-at-the-codfish-ball.html

Her dress is so staid and almost dowdy, but that flash of red takes it to a whole other level. Love love love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment