Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Can I get Billy Idol to sing at my wedding?

For those of you are who are not familiar with Meandering Design,  a warm welcome and thank you for stopping by to visit. Meandering Design is a design house that creates eclectic, stylish and sustainable clothing and lifestyle accessories. 

I learned how to sew when I was seven years old on my grandmother’s 1950’s Italian sewing machine. I use that machine today, along with my mother’s 1970’s Singer sewing machine that I ‘borrowed’ in 1995 (and never returned), to create my unique designs. I also learned from my grandparents how to fix and revamp things instead of throwing them away and I still do that to this day. I try as much as possible to use items that are thrifted and locally sourced. I am very excited to be starting this new adventure in life. 

I bought a wedding dress at the thrift store for $6.90 to rip up and reuse. I think it is from the 90's or early 2000's. The bodice is covered in lace and the hem has two layers of lace. It would be impossible to buy that much lace for $6.90, an added bonus is I can reuse the fabric. I have a couple of ideas percolating...


You can find Meandering Design on Etsy. The website, www.meanderingdesign.com is currently under construction but will be ready soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment