Monday, April 23, 2012

Fry fry a hen

When I was a little girl I loved the book Caddie Woodlawn. It was like a spunkier version of Little House on the Prairie. Anyways, Caddie had to recite the phrase "if at first you do not succeed, try try again" in front of the school. Her brother changed it to "if at first you do not fricassee, fry fry a hen". Which, considering my brain is a sieve, the fact that I remember that phrase to this day is a small miracle. I found myself saying 'fry fry a hen' today because I failed. It wasn't an epic failure, but still... I bought a 1970's paisley dress. It was paisley from head to toe (floor length). Sadly, I did not take a before picture, but here is a snapshot of the fabric-


I started doing what I normally do, which is to cut the thing up! I cut it into a top and bottom, and moved the zipper on the skirt, but the zipper was giving me problems. Then I made the top into a little bolero jacket. It is kind of cute, but it is just not making me happy. You know who I think will enjoy it though are my friends two girls. It will be a great addition to their dress up box. Plus it kind of reminds me of two other girls who would play dress up in vintage clothes.



*I have to point out that normally my friend Wendy is the one who posts mildly humiliating photos of me and so it is nice to turn the tables. XOXO!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I so don't remember the hair let alone the dress. When was this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was Halloween either sophomore or junior year of high school. The clothes we borrowed from Wendy's mom and I don't know why but I used spray black hair dye.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Love the paisley I think it would make beautiful pillows!

    ReplyDelete