Thursday, March 8, 2012

Summer Lovin'


 
I ordered a fat quarter bundle of Lotta Jansdotter’s Echo fabric. For those of you not in the know, a fat quarter bundle is a mixture of usually 4-5 different fabrics (usually from the same line so they are complementary) and they are each only a quarter yard long. Sometimes fabric is too expensive for a full yard, but the fat quarter bundles give you a little something to play with. And play I will. I came up with an idea last night that will incorporate a bit of new modern fabric with some of the old fabric. You will just have to wait to see it on the website. At first I was only thinking accessories and then I realized how I can make my fabulous idea branch out into skirts and then the sun was shining. Well, actually the sun was shining because I was walking down the street when I had my moment of brilliance.

I am working with a designer to create a logo, etsy banner, web banner, business cards and clothing tags for Meandering Design, or MD for short. I’ll just add that to the other initials behind my name! The plan is to have that done by May 1st so I can launch the summer line. So for now I am putting away my beloved tweeds and wool and focusing on summer. That has been much easier to do now that the Chicago weather is leaning into Spring.

Just to give you a taste of what I am thinking of- here’s a bit of my inspiration. 
 





The PurlBee did a wonderful write up of the Echo line. I want it all! 







No comments:

Post a Comment